What’s a Health Insurance Marketplace? Why do I need health insurance?
The new health care law sets up a Health Insurance Marketplace in each state, which is your one-stop shopping destination for health insurance. It works in the same way you would shop for any other important item in your life: You look at all the available options in your area, compare each plan’s features and prices side-by-side, then choose the one that fits your needs and your budget.
6 Key Facts About the New Health Insurance Options:
- Financial help is available.
- Preventive care is free.
- Application help is available — and free.
- You can’t be turned down for coverage for a having a pre-existing condition.
- The costs and benefits of each plan must be explained in easy-to-understand language — with no fine print.
- All health insurance plans have to cover important benefits, like doctor visits, hospitalizations, prescriptions, and more.
What Your New Insurance Gets You:
- Prescription coverage
- Mental health services
- Emergency services and hospitalizations
- Maternity care
- Infant care and children’s care
Free preventive care
Examples of Preventive Care:
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Pap smears
Information obtained from getcovered.org.